Upgrading from Lightroom 3.2 to 3.6 - uninstall required? Branched from Old Old thread

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got a new computer and installed Lightroom Ver 3.2 from my original disk.  It works fine but I cannot figure out how to update to the last version 3.6 released.  Each time I try it from the lightroom help / update menu I get a message that says the server with this data is not available.  Surely there must a ver 3.6 update and update intaller avail, to owners of 3.2, somewhere.  Anyone figured this out?

TOPICS
Download and install, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Lightroom 3 from a decade ago? Or do you mean the new Lightroom 3 which stores your images in the cloud?

If you mean Lightroom 3 from a decade ago, I doubt you will find a download of 3.6 on the internet. And even if you did, it won't install on new Mac computers (probably will install on new Windows computers). If at one time you downloaded the 3.6 update, that installer file is still on your old computer, you should look for it and transfer it to the new computer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was branched and moved to a better forum, LrC.

You are Out Of Luck unless you have a Saved Copy of the origiina Lr 3.6 install file.

Back then, some 9-10 years ago, all updates for Lr were the complete install files for the complete program. Not just a bunch of file that replaced the previous point release of whatever major Lr version.

So if you have your old computer look on the drive for a Lr 3.6 install file.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks (Just Shoot Me and dj_paige).. After searching through backups from the old Dell computer I found the Lightroom 3.6 intall files, copied them to the new (Windows 10) computer, and installed them.  It works.  Thanks! 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines