• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Lightroom 5.6 to Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use Lightroom 5.6 and want to upgrade to Lightroom Classic.  Recently I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer due to some problems I was having with it and I still need to reinstall the software programs I use.   Do I need to reinstall Lightroom 5.6 to make the upgrade to Lightroom Classic?  Or can I bypass reinstalling Lightroom 5.6 and just subscribe to and download Lightroom Classic?   My LR catalog is on the computer as well as all of my photos.  

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

You already have everything you need. Lightroom Classic doesn't need anything from Lightroom 5. After you install Lightroom Classic, the first time you run it you will be prompted to upgrade the catalog. You should allow this to happen. This will create a new copy of the existing catalog with the same name except it will have a 10 added to its name. Then Lightroom Classic should start and you can begin working. Since Lightroom 5 isn't installed you will probably have to do some customizing of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already have everything you need. Lightroom Classic doesn't need anything from Lightroom 5. After you install Lightroom Classic, the first time you run it you will be prompted to upgrade the catalog. You should allow this to happen. This will create a new copy of the existing catalog with the same name except it will have a 10 added to its name. Then Lightroom Classic should start and you can begin working. Since Lightroom 5 isn't installed you will probably have to do some customizing of the settings in Lightroom Classic, but you would have to do that in Lightroom 5 anyway since it would have to be reinstalled as well. So reinstalling the old version wouldn't really be of any benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim - Thank you so much !  I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim -  Thank you so much !  I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines