Highlighted

Upgrading From LR6 to to Lightroom Classic $9.99 Plan with PS

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thousands of LR 6 photos on backup drives.  When Lightroom Classic makes a new catalog, will the photos on the backup drives be compatible with Lightroom Classic?

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upgrading From LR6 to to Lightroom Classic $9.99 Plan with PS

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thousands of LR 6 photos on backup drives.  When Lightroom Classic makes a new catalog, will the photos on the backup drives be compatible with Lightroom Classic?

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install Lightroom Classic on the same computer as the one where LR 6.x is installed the Lightroom 6 the process will recognise the prior application and offer to upgrade a copy of your Catalog file and present you with the new Catalog ready to proceed with your work. In the event, you are going to be moving to an alternative computer you can get more detailed procedures at the link below.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrE1xwgVqNekDMAbzVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNWNiaW4yBGNvb... 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic will convert your catalogs. It is a time consuming process. But it works. I did not tried LR6 to the latest version as I upgrade regularly but I can witness some versions have converted the catalogs when I open them in the latest version of LR Classic.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"LR Classic will convert your catalogs. It is a time consuming process."

Not for me, the time it takes to upgrade catalogs was maybe five minutes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines