Highlighted

Use GPU for image processing - Windows 10 - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 880M

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use my GPU for image processing but it won't let me check that box.

Greyed outGreyed out

• I have allready tried to make it work by deleting the .txt files in the GPU folder but that didn't work.
  • I've also checked if I'm on DirectX 12 and I am
  • I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers
  • I've also made sure I'm using my dedicated GPU for LRC by checking that in the Nvida 3D settings

I have the same problem with photoshop.

I hope somebody can help me out, LRC is really laggy 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Limitations for that old GPU as seen by Adobe techs, hence limited in LrC to Basic. 

Checked at NVIDIA, and you do appear to have an up to date GPU driver, but NVIDIA has not updated it since 2019.

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Use GPU for image processing - Windows 10 - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 880M

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use my GPU for image processing but it won't let me check that box.

Greyed outGreyed out

• I have allready tried to make it work by deleting the .txt files in the GPU folder but that didn't work.
  • I've also checked if I'm on DirectX 12 and I am
  • I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers
  • I've also made sure I'm using my dedicated GPU for LRC by checking that in the Nvida 3D settings

I have the same problem with photoshop.

I hope somebody can help me out, LRC is really laggy 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Limitations for that old GPU as seen by Adobe techs, hence limited in LrC to Basic. 

Checked at NVIDIA, and you do appear to have an up to date GPU driver, but NVIDIA has not updated it since 2019.

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply.

Hopefully Nvidia will have an updated driver for my GPU soon.

I have turned off the GPU for display and LrC runs much better now, not great, but much better

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA may or may not be working on updating old GPU product drivers. One big issue is with the newest MS Windows 10  May 2020 update, version 2004,  that many of us are in a hold status. One if the problems listed by MS for that update being old NVIDIA drivers.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 1