• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Lightroom 9 GPU for image processing with graphics card Nvidia GTX 780 does not work.

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--- English Version ---

Hi there,

I'm currently testing Lightroom 9.1.

I am particularly concerned with the function: (Lightroom -> Default setting -> Performance)
"Use GPU for image processing"

I have an Nvidia GTX780.

This graphics card is also compatible with Lightroom:
https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Unfortunately, the second option "Use GPU for image processing" is greyed out.
The first option "Use GPU for display" works.

I read on the support pages that I should install the Nvidia driver version 375.86.

Unfortunately no change.
The latest version doesn't work either.

Can someone help me ?

Regards Timo

---- German Version ----

Hallo,

ich teste gerade Lightroom 9.1.

es geht mir speziell um die Funktion: (Lightroom --> Voreinstellung --> Leistung)
"GPU für Bildverarbeitung verwenden"

Ich habe eine Nvidia GTX780.

Diese Grafikkarte ist auch kompatibel mit Lightroom:
https://helpx.adobe.com/de/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Leider ist die Zweite Option "GPU für Bildverarbeitung verwenden" ausgegraut.
Die erse Option "GPU zur Anzeige verwenden" funktioniert.

Ich habe auf den Supportseiten gelesen dass ich den Nvidia Treiber Version 375.86 installieren soll.

Leider keine Änderung.
Auch die Aktuellste Version funktioniert nicht.

Kann mir jemand helfen ?

Grüße Timo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, use GPU for image processing' requires DirectX 12, which Nvidia says is not supported on the GTX 780 GPU.

DirectX 12 | Supported GPUs | GeForce

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will attempt to help in 2 parts.

Part 1

I might infer from your context some of your system information, but too many assumptions may enter in.

So, could you post your system information as lightroom classic reports it.

In lightroom classic click on a Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that into a reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part 2

I have an Nvidia GTX780.
This graphics card is also compatible with Lightroom:

Adobe has a unfortunate habit of stating minimum requirements and not being absolutly clear that not all features work with minimum requirements. Older GPU's are one area of issue, yes Lightroom Classic runs, but you might not get to use GPU (acceleration) or you might only get Basic, not full (acceleration)

read on the support pages that I should install the Nvidia driver version 375.86.

This is where an assumption comes in. Your above statement imply you have a GPU driver older than v375.86. Now as found at the NVIDIA driver site the current version for the GTX 780 is 442.19. So you are (assumed) way way behind. Perhaps the number 1 problem solver is update the GPU driver.

Now another assumption (hopefully wrong) are you relying on the Microsoft Windows System updates for this? Bad. Now you should have a NVIDIA utility called NVIDIA GeForce Experiance. Run that, check it for any updates, then use the driver tab to check for and install the newest driver.

When you install that new driver, select custom, not express, you want to accomplish a clean install of the new driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonus note

In the NVIDIA controll panel, a setting exists to improve performance. Note this increases power usage and may not be appropriate for a laptop on battery use.

Lightroom preferences use GPU can run differently (improved) on some NVIDIA GPUs when this is on

see: https://www.winhelp.info/boost-lightroom-performance-on-systems-with-nvidia-graphics-chip.html

Also, as you are on Windows see tip 8 in https://au.pcmag.com/windows-10-1/5180/11-tips-to-speed-up-windows-10

unless on a laptop on battery power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines