Highlighted

User Presets: RAW v JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have recently created my own User Presets to help with editing my own photos to my style, or at least attempting to create my own style.

I have a Canon M5 that shoots Raw and Jpeg files.  I also shoot with an iPhone 8plus and GoPro, mainly in .jpeg format.

When importing these photos into Lightroom, I have found that I can't use presets created originally on RAW files on my Jpeg files, but can use any preset created from a jpeg file on a raw file.

Is this correct?

Is there a way of using the preset across both file formats?

I am also using MacOS and the latest version of Lightroom Classic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by WobertC | Adobe Community Professional

When you create the preset, uncheck the [Treatment & Profile] box.

ScreenShot203.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

User Presets: RAW v JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have recently created my own User Presets to help with editing my own photos to my style, or at least attempting to create my own style.

I have a Canon M5 that shoots Raw and Jpeg files.  I also shoot with an iPhone 8plus and GoPro, mainly in .jpeg format.

When importing these photos into Lightroom, I have found that I can't use presets created originally on RAW files on my Jpeg files, but can use any preset created from a jpeg file on a raw file.

Is this correct?

Is there a way of using the preset across both file formats?

I am also using MacOS and the latest version of Lightroom Classic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by WobertC | Adobe Community Professional

ScreenShot203.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the preset involves assigning a camera profile that is raw-specific than that preset can only be used on a raw image. However, as far as I know, that would be the only limiting factor. For instance I have lens sharpening presets for my different lenses that don't involve camera profiles, and I can use those presets on either raw or JPEG images. So I think it would depend on what settings are included in the preset.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenShot203.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This worked.  Appreciate all the help! 

Thanks

Amanda

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these Settings check boxes in Camera Raw ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0