Highlighted

User settings for printing

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know where the user settings (not the presets) for printing are saved?
Is it somehow possible to copy these settings in a similar way to the presets (e.g. when changing from Win7 to Win10)?

Thx

Regards | System: Win10 Pro, NEC 27", LRC 9.2.1, PS 2020 v21.1.2, Canon DSLR

Hi,

thanks for responding.

I am aware of the LR settings in the folder Print Templates -> User Templates, my templates are also stored there and I can use them for print jobs.
What i'm looking for are the settings to be defined for a print job as described above (e.g. ICC profile). As far as I know, these are not included in the templates mentioned above.

EDIT:

I took a closer look at one of my templates with an editor and found some of the entries I was looking for.
Under _globalSettings there are e.g. ICC and ICM definitions entered.

Here is a question: Are these the ones that were entered when the template was created and used in the first print job and
will a template be changed automatically if I use a different ICC profile or a different type of paper?

Topics

How to, Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

User settings for printing

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know where the user settings (not the presets) for printing are saved?
Is it somehow possible to copy these settings in a similar way to the presets (e.g. when changing from Win7 to Win10)?

Thx

Hi,

thanks for responding.

I am aware of the LR settings in the folder Print Templates -> User Templates, my templates are also stored there and I can use them for print jobs.
What i'm looking for are the settings to be defined for a print job as described above (e.g. ICC profile). As far as I know, these are not included in the templates mentioned above.

EDIT:

I took a closer look at one of my templates with an editor and found some of the entries I was looking for.

Here is a question: Are these the ones that were entered when the template was created and used in the first print job and
will a template be changed automatically if I use a different ICC profile or a different type of paper?

Topics

How to, Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of a preset (Print Template), what 'settings' are you referring to? 

Print Templates yes, other settings (without further clarification) no. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

From the LR print module, I use an Epson stylus photo printer and can save the settings for paper and quality options, format and information on color management (ICC profile) with a freely selectable name in the print job.

I suspect that these settings will be saved in a file because I can reactivate the settings for a further print job using the assigned name.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find these settings / file so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print Templates save all that. Where depends on the preference's (Store presets with Catalog or not) and the OS. Look for a folder named Lightroom Settings, then Print Templates>User Templates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for responding.

EDIT:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user produced template stores virtually everything including the settings in the actual printer dialog (so for Epson, Media settings). You WILL need to update the profile and media settings if they differ but then, just make a new template. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gbo LATEST
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks again.

Yes, that's probably the case. I wanted to test this, but I have another problem with the ICC profiles that I have to solve first.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines