Highlighted

Using a PC and Laptop with mirror Lightroom Classic photos and edits

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Lightroom Classic on my laptop for a few years and have just purchased a new desktop PC.  I much prefer using Lightroom Classic to Lightroom for editing but I can't find a way to for all imported photographs and edits to be equally visible on both the laptop and desktop.  It looks as though Lightroom does this (including mobile but I'm not interested in syncing with my mobile) but not the classic version.

Do I have to give up Classic and move to Lightroom?

Any help would be most appreciated

Joanne

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using a PC and Laptop with mirror Lightroom Classic photos and edits

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Lightroom Classic on my laptop for a few years and have just purchased a new desktop PC.  I much prefer using Lightroom Classic to Lightroom for editing but I can't find a way to for all imported photographs and edits to be equally visible on both the laptop and desktop.  It looks as though Lightroom does this (including mobile but I'm not interested in syncing with my mobile) but not the classic version.

Do I have to give up Classic and move to Lightroom?

Any help would be most appreciated

Joanne

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to edit the same images on two computers using Lightroom Classic then the best way to do it is to put the images and the catalog on an external hard drive that you can move between the two computers. Lightroom Classic is not designed to share images between computers except via  the cloud using smart previews.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (without Classic in name) syncs imported files to your desktop, laptop and mobile devices via the cloud by default, hence seeing the same files on two computers. Lightroom Classic can't sync the originals to the cloud, but can be configured to sync proxies (usually referred to as smart previews) to the cloud and your other computer/devices. Those who want to avoid transferring the phyical disk between two computers find this approach more acceptable than the one Jim describes while others much prefer the full integration and simlplicity of the cloud ecosystem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 1