• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Big Sur and Windows Laptop at different times with Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently purchased a new Imac running Big Sur. I still use my Windows laptop when away from home. When I save my RAW files from my camera to my external drive via my laptop (Windows) and use the ecternal hard drive on my Imac I can use Lightroom for carry out processing but it will not save the processed image onto the external hard drive. The only way I have found a way around this is to format an external hard drive as a Mac, use Canon EOS software to download onto the external hard drive and no problem I can save my processed images in JPG to my external hard drive.

When I go to use the external hard drive on my Windows laptop it doesnt regognise any files or folders, which are both RAW and processed and saved as a JPG . Does this mean that one cannot work between both systems? Sounds like a small problem but as a I  work away from home during the week I like to go back and check to see if further processing is needed and I only have my Windows laptop. 

Trust my post makes sense and welcome if there is some info on working on both Mac and Windows.

Peter

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Second, what if you want to use an external hard drive for that? Issue is a partition that both Windows and MAC will accept for read and write. Or a utility to accomplish working  around a partition that either Windows or MAC do not nativity support.

One way, some hate, exFAT

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/format-drive-for-windows-and-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines