Highlighted

Using External Editors

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Nik Collection to use on my new computer (a MAC). Before I got this MAC, I used LR Classic on a PC and I was able to access various Nik programs threough Photo -> Edit In. Now it looks like I can only have one software linked that way. I have to go back to Preferences and edit my software choice, then I can go back to Photo and select it.

It is a pain for those who want to use aspects of a couple of different editors in one photo. Can I have more than one at a time? If so, how?  

You can have as many external editors as you can acquire. 

You can have settings in the /preferences/external edIn /Preferences/External Editing/ you canhave multiple entrys. You can have one for each NIK filter, some for your ON1 external editors, etc

As for your NIK products, download what you paid for, and install/reinstall it, and the installer will in fact create thises in Lightroom Classic (probably a seperate download fir MACOS)

Other thurd party editors installs may accomplish that as well.

Not all external editors are accessed via external editing, Some via plugin extras, etc.

Topics

Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using External Editors

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Nik Collection to use on my new computer (a MAC). Before I got this MAC, I used LR Classic on a PC and I was able to access various Nik programs threough Photo -> Edit In. Now it looks like I can only have one software linked that way. I have to go back to Preferences and edit my software choice, then I can go back to Photo and select it.

It is a pain for those who want to use aspects of a couple of different editors in one photo. Can I have more than one at a time? If so, how?  

You can have settings in the /preferences/external edIn /Preferences/External Editing/ you canhave multiple entrys. You can have one for each NIK filter, some for your ON1 external editors, etc

As for your NIK products, download what you paid for, and install/reinstall it, and the installer will in fact create thises in Lightroom Classic (probably a seperate download fir MACOS)

Not all external editors are accessed via external editing, Some via plugin extras, etc.

Topics

Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thak you. I reinstalled and then restarted LR and now they are all there! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines