• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom Classic on Main device and Lightroom CC on Secondary Windows Device

Explorer ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe has released the new Lightroom CC and offers that alongside Lightroom Classic CC, I am curious if you can use Lightroom Classic CC on one computer so sync your Smart Previews, and then use the new Lightroom CC on the secondary Windows PC to make edits to the previews only. With devices such as the Surface Laptop coming so cheap these days, I would be anxious to ditch my slow iPad for a full fledged Windows device. I’m not looking to sync my collection across two computers however, just use a secondary windows machine the same way you are able to for Lightroom mobile on iOS or Android.

I am careful to note the syncing of Smart Previews because if you sync Smart Previews via Lightroom Classic CC there is no upload limit and you are leveraging Lightroom Classic as your main application of import, etc. In that scenario can you use Lightroom CC as the slave for editing. I know you can use Lightroom CC to sync your RAWs, and that this would effectively work as I want... but I was not satisfied with Lightroom CC as my main program and using it alongside Classic leads to duplicates And other frustrations. Not to mention my collection is well over 1TB and this would lead me to purchase expensive amount of cloud storage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

I gave a reply at Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic

which may be an answer for your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gave a reply at Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic

which may be an answer for your question.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines