• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Photography Plan PS & LR Offline

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in areas without a broadband connection I was getting a message to say I was unable to use PS &LR without an internet connection or sign in to my account (something along thes lines).For this reason I did not renew my Photography Plan. I have since been advised that I should have been able to use these applications for up to 99 days without a Broadband connection.

Can anybody explain what I have to do to enable this then I will renew.

Thanks

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 99-day without broadband applies to the annual payment plan subscription. If you pay monthly, it is 30 days without broadband. You shouldn't have to do anything to enable this, its automatic.

It says this right here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Very interesting. The Adobe agent did not explain this to me when I called them so I did not renew. I thought I was was signed in when using just a few days before travelling to an area with the poor Broadband connectivity so there should not have been a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to say, or why you are having problems with this. You haven't really explained.

Are you signing out of Lightroom Classic or signing out of the Adobe Creative Cloud app? You should not be. You should leave yourself signed in at all times, even when you do not have internet connectivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and regarding signing out of Creative Cloud--also good to know.  I don't do so, but recently I had to "repair" the app and was surprised that I had to sign back in. I never even THOUGHT of signing out, but that could be a problem:  not thinking about it and doing it...thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mainly use my Desktop PC when working at home and remain signed in. I check occasionally to confim I am signed in (Help  on the PS Menu). Recently when  away I have started to use my MacBook. May be the problem arose with this due to it not being signed in (or not having recently been signed in)  before I left home  as I had not used it for PS,LR or Bridge for some time.

In future I will ensure I remain signed in to ACCDA and the Apps.

Thanks

Everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, good to know! I'm and American living in China and sometimes it's difficult to buy some software (pay for it), and I always have an internet connection.  But it's good to know that if I am untethered somewhere for any length of time, the limit is 30 days before opening an internet connection.  I thought limit was 90 days.  Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to note

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA)

Do not sign out

If you sign out in the ACCDA, the applications, PS, LR, LrC, etc, get deactivated. You need to sign back in to activate. No Internet, no activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, stay signed in.

It is the lack of the internet connection while still signed in that starts the grace period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines