• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v10 is very slow on iMac Pro

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to v10, Lightroom Classic is dramatically slower in navigating photos in the Library than v9.4. How can I go back to 9.4?

Scrolling takes seconds to move a row or two. Zooming to/from 1:1 can take a couple of seconds. Lightroom Classic is basically unusable for navigating photos now.

CPU: 2.5GHz 14-Core Intel Xeon W

Memory: 128GB

GPU: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

MacOS: Catalina 10.15.7

I've tried disabling GPU acceleration, with no discernable difference in performance. 

Any suggestions on what to try? Is it easy to go back to v9.4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your plugins for any that are incomptable with v10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion!

To be certain, I went ahead and disabled all of my plug-ins and confirmed that performance of v10 is still unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to jump in and say that I'm experiencing exactly the same thing after upgrading to v10.0 on a pretty powerful "trash can" Mac Pro:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

Loading, scrolling through the catalogue, or any catalogue operations in general are many times slower to the point where it's pretty unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this article for how to go back to a previous version:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lr-10-classic-mac-gpu-support-perform...

That is in the official Adobe feedback site, where Adobe get involved. In fact one has.

If that problem sounds like yours, then consider adding to it

(use your Photoshop Family account to login)

If not the same, consider adding your own problem.

Include sys info as reported in LrC, include info from first line down to and including plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, I'll post there, but I believe our issue is different to what that post describes.

Disabling GPU Accellaration has no affect on my Lightroom's performance. In fact, having worked with it more since upgrading, all issues seem to do with the UI being slow rather than processing. All editing functions are actually working correctly and quickly but scrolling through the catalogue or even scrolling a side panel is taking long seconds to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would urge anyone, but particularly macOS users, experiencing a drop in performance following the LrC10 update to report their issues on Lightroom Classic feedback forum at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Disabling GPU, plugins, etc is very unlikely to resolve the issue. Therefore, if the performance degradtion is sufficient to have a detrimental impact on your workflow, then best way solution at present is to downgrade to LrC 9.4 using the Creative Cloud desktop Application (see below screenshot). Select Lightroom Classic, click on the three-dots, then choose 'Other Versions'.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Ian,

Downgrading back to Classic 9.4 is what I did.

However, when is it save to update to 10???

Many thanks,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!! Unbelievable....

christianl22441413_0-1603921081896.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the solution and it works:

Substitute Adobe RGB or sRGB for your OS Monitor Profile in place of any custom profile you've created using a colorimeter tool or your monitor's software.  This should allow you to use version 10 without the performance degradation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines