• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V9.3 Seems to have broken timelapse/export stills to a video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New with version 9.3 is nothing but hung processes when trying to export a series of still images to a video using the slideshow module in LR Classic.  After having problems, I went back to previously successful exported stills to no avail.  They all hang.  LR still responds, but it just sits there with "2 tasks" in progress but not doing anything.  Only fix is to quite LR and restart.  Yesterday I did this 10 times.  On the 10th try, it successfully exported a video.  All other tries hung. 

Does anyone know what is going on or what a workaround might be?

- Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it with one of the old 29.97 fps old fashioned presets in v9.3 and I get a hang too. Haven't done a timelapse using this hack in ages. You really should start using Photoshop to render timelapses. Just export your images to a series of high quality jpegs numbered in sequence and import into a video object in Photoshop. Bonus is that you can easily pan and zoom. Lots of videos online that show how to do this. Lightroom is absolutely terrible at exporting timelapse video and has been even before 9.3. You get no control over the video compression which results in low quality but gigantic files that have to be recompressed afterwards. It also gives very unsharp results. Much better and simpler to do it in Photoshop where you get full control over the output.You can also easily create 4k or higher timelapses in Photoshop which is not possible in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   I came to this conclusion as well after playing around with LR more.  However, I went to iMovie instead.  But I think I will try Photoshop.  Hopefully it will work better.

Thanks for your response.

- Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial that looks good to get started with doing it in Photoshop: https://improvephotography.com/41051/creating-amazing-time-lapse-videos-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear that this problem still exists for you.
We would like to collect some Diagnostic files from your end.

1. Quit Lightroom.
  2. Create a file name it config.lua. Paste the following content : 

loggers["MediaCore"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["VideoSequencing"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["MediaCoreController"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["SlideshowPlayer"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}

loggers["SlideshowPlaylist"] = {
  logLevel = 'trace',
  action = 'logfile',
}
​

• Paste the config.lua file in the following location : HOMEDIR/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom
  • Launch Lightroom and try to create and play slideshow.
  • Quit Lightroom.
  • Zip and Share the folder with us which should have been created in the following location :HOMEDIR/Documents/LrClassicLogs

Thanks !

Regards, Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines