• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Various automatic settings at different times

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why a few hours later the program chose different automatic settings than before.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the program does that, but it does choose slightly different settings depending on where you are. If you apply a preset with Auto Tone to a series of images in the Library module, then Lightroom uses the previews to calculate the auto tone. Same thing if you apply an Auto Tone preset on import. That leads to a slightly different result than if it does the same thing on an image in the develop module.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported one photo and did it in the develop section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this across multiple images and where exactly are you viewing these supposed changes?

Is anything showing up in the History section of the Develop modules left hand side panel?

Please post screen shot showing what you are seeing on your computer screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both pictures are "auto". Why did different effects arise from the same CR2 file at different times?Screenshot_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only are you viewing that image in another, Different, program that is Not Color Managed no other program, Except Adobe Camera RAW,  READS the Edits you have done in LR unless you Export the image to a New File. Then the edits are Burnt into that new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image on the right was also exported by Lightroom on automatic settings. The one on the left later. And as I say, there is a difference in the choice of auto settings by the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are viewing the right image in a different application, whih is probably not color-managed. That is why you see the difference. If you edited the image in that different application and used 'Auto', then obvously the images will be different because 'Auto' is not some standardized develop method. Each developer uses his own way of doing it. If you give two cooks the same ingredients, they won't cook the exact same dish.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported both images via Adobe Lightroom. And there is a difference in the choice of settings. Just on the screenshot the one on the left is not exported now because I deleted it after export, and the one on the right has been exported and is the one with "unique" auto settings that the program did not repeat when I tried. So I open it in a photo viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most commonly asked questions here, and the answer is always the same. Photo viewer is not color managed, so you are not seeing the correct colors. Depending on the color space you used for output and your monitor, the difference can be quite big (as you noticed in your example, Photo Viewer is totally off).

If you claim that the develop module gives different settings when you press 'Auto' now and a few hours later, then show us what happened with two screenshots, not with this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

w.jpgIM not stupid. The photo viewer does not change color ... it is Lightroom that has chosen different settings this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why keep posting results in a non-color managed application? Why not post the two screenshots as asked? I'm not saying that you are stupid, but we can't use this. We need to see what Lightroom does.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marexis8_0-1593602433649.png

But I only have the photo with the more intense colors in the exported version. So that's why I also exported that to compare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines