Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Various visualization problems in LR10.0

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since switching to LR10, I experience various bugs in the visualization module:

• icons, such as the lock for resizing or star ratings are not updated or shown correctly in the develop module
  • colors of images are changing forth and back, especially when zooming in/ out
  • colors remain false after zooming in, screen's not updated until zoom in/ out repeatedly

These all were not there with the previous version of LrC.

Quite anoying!

True for MacOS 11.0.1 and previous version. iMac 27 2020

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two initial troubelshooting steps:

1. Disable the GPU by setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. GPU was my first guess.

Tried both already. No difference.

Btw. the 'flickering' color issue seems to be related to Big Sur and occurs on both MacBook Pro and iMac since the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  A screen recording would go a long way to getting Adobe's attention; put it on Youtube, Dropbox, or some other free service.  Also, include that you've already tried turning off the GPU and resetting preferences.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines