• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verifying Issue with macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I go to launch Lightroom Classic on my iMac, Catalina verifies the app. and then doesn't launch it.  The real mystery is that up to a few days ago everything was working fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

It ended up being an OS problem and not an Adobe Lightroom issue.  The Catalina version that I had (10.15.3) had to be removed and replaced with the newest OS. Four hours later and Lightroom was again operating as it should.  Thanks to the Adobe service agents who were able to spot the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  Family Day holiday today.  I have purchased the Adobe Lightoom/Photoshop license for the year and I make sure I update as soon as something new appears. So whatever is the most recent version I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, do you have more than one version of Lightroom  Classic (not refering to Lightroom)

incidentaly, you can do a mouse hover over the listed app to verify version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the one version of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, and since Catalina. Outside of Lightroom Classic, on the MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders. Anything not checked?

5E95CB29-039E-4BAA-9776-0CACCE5BCBE0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double clicked on Security and Privacy and the following message popped up:could not load Security and Privacy Pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what exact MACOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this link we'll help

https://appletoolbox.com/why-is-macos-catalina-verifying-applications-before-i-can-open-them/

Three of things stand out

in the App store checking for updates, does some odd little thing foul up?

Uninstall then reinstall LRC (remember to use Adobe CC cleaner tool after the simple uninstall via Adobe Creatve Cloud Desktop App) WARNING, IF LR V6 DO NOT DO THIS

AntiVirus etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your link but I had already tried all of the suggestions at this site.  I'm hoping my answers will give your further insight into my problem.  I won't try the uninstalling option until I've heard from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a chat with actual Adobe is called for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ended up being an OS problem and not an Adobe Lightroom issue.  The Catalina version that I had (10.15.3) had to be removed and replaced with the newest OS. Four hours later and Lightroom was again operating as it should.  Thanks to the Adobe service agents who were able to spot the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue come up. I am running Catalina 10.15.7 and Lightroom 4.0 on my desktop. When I click on the LR icon to launch it goes through a long "verifying" message and then does open up. Any suggestions for addressing this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue come up. I am running Catalina 10.15.7 and Lightroom 4.0 on my desktop. When I click on the LR icon to launch it goes through a long "verifying" message and then does open up. Any suggestions for addressing this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines