Highlighted

Version of the "no photos in selected folder" issue

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic on my mac (Catalina 10.15.5) and am getting a recurring error when lightroom duplicates my file structure and returns the "No photos is selected Folder" error message for those files.  My files are stored by year taken, and appear in the Folders box on the left of the screen.  When the problem occurs, these folders are duplicated under a "Pictures" folder which appears at the bottom of the folders box.  Both instances return the above error message, although any pictures I have in collections still exist and show in the collection, and the number count for all the folders (now in duplicate) still shows.  This seems similar to the capitalisation problem discussed elsewhere, but I do not see any such discrepancy when I hover over the filenames.

I have reinstalled the catalog from backups, but the problem reappears, most recently when I exported a jpeg.  Some changes are saved to the catalog without issues (photo edits, metadata changes), others cause the above issue, and then I have to reinstall from a backup and start over.  It seems to be related to exporting, whether as dng or jpg.

As well, this has occurred since I installed Topaz Sharpen AI in a trial version to check it out, though that initially did not seem to cause the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Version of the "no photos in selected folder" issue

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic on my mac (Catalina 10.15.5) and am getting a recurring error when lightroom duplicates my file structure and returns the "No photos is selected Folder" error message for those files.  My files are stored by year taken, and appear in the Folders box on the left of the screen.  When the problem occurs, these folders are duplicated under a "Pictures" folder which appears at the bottom of the folders box.  Both instances return the above error message, although any pictures I have in collections still exist and show in the collection, and the number count for all the folders (now in duplicate) still shows.  This seems similar to the capitalisation problem discussed elsewhere, but I do not see any such discrepancy when I hover over the filenames.

I have reinstalled the catalog from backups, but the problem reappears, most recently when I exported a jpeg.  Some changes are saved to the catalog without issues (photo edits, metadata changes), others cause the above issue, and then I have to reinstall from a backup and start over.  It seems to be related to exporting, whether as dng or jpg.

As well, this has occurred since I installed Topaz Sharpen AI in a trial version to check it out, though that initially did not seem to cause the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines