Very Buggy Release of Photoshop 22.1.1 and Lightroom 10.1.1

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very unimpressed with the latest builds on Lightroom and Photoshop. Both have introduced several new substantial bugs and are affecting my productivity.

Lightroom freezes and crashes several times a day with no feedback on why. Previews are corrupt and either don't display or need to be force rebuilt. The interface lags for no reason at times.

Photoshop has a major issue with smart object rendering. If I use liquify or Nik tools on a smart object, the Photoshop rendered image stops updating and just shows a fixed image no matter what else I do from that point and I'm forced to shut photoshop down and restart it and reload the image to continue editing.

Using LR Classic 10.1.1 and PS 22.1.1

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That all sounds very much like a GPU/video driver problem.

GPU requirements have tightened considerably in the latest version, both in Lightroom and Photoshop. A card that used to work may no longer be up to it.

Similarly, latent driver bugs may be exposed by the tightened requirements and new GPU functions.

So first of all, go to the GPU vendor's site and find the latest stable driver. Avoid the "new features" releases, they are for gamers. NVidia has a "studio" driver for GeForces and an "enterprise" driver for Quadros. This is the one you want.Do a "clean install", there's a checkbox for it.

AMD will probably have something similar.

Resetting preferences may also be worthwhile. Preferences are resaved every time you quit the application, and errors accumulate. That's why preferences are vulnerable to corruption while program files aren't. If you chose to carry over old preferences in the new version, any problems will get worse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in agreement with D. Fosse, what we are experiencing is the reality that computer hardware components are becoming obsolete at a faster rate and are not capable of functioning at an acceptable performance level.

My system will be 6 years old in June of this year and I have accepted it will need to be replaced.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.2.2, LrC 10.1.1 (>10.0), Lr 4.1, Ps 22.1, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
migsva AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines