Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Cache Settings

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the Video Cache Settings Option, within the preferences / File Handling tab. 

I have an nVidia 1080ti with 11gb of ram along with a Kaby Lake i7 7700k.

By default my setting is being limited to 6gb.  Not being really sure what this setting is doing, should i up it to 11gb ? given that's my GPU's ram ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

That is the cache setting for imported videos. It has nothing to do with the GPU option.

Also that setting doesn't really work. No matter what it is set to if you have videos in with your still images the cache can grow and grow well beyond what it is set to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the cache setting for imported videos. It has nothing to do with the GPU option.

Also that setting doesn't really work. No matter what it is set to if you have videos in with your still images the cache can grow and grow well beyond what it is set to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying. I'll leave it be, in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines