• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video (creation) date - still wrong

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a recurring issue but I have not yet found a solution in this community which works for me. Just bought the subscription in hope that the new version (9.2.1) of Lightroom Classic would have fixed the bug.

When importing mp4 videos from my file system into Lightroom Classic, the date of the video is set to the file date as shown in the file system (Windows 10, 1909 version) but not the creation date shown in properties. This results is a completely random order of the videos as the date in the file system usually is the copy date but not the creation date.

There are also no Metadata shown for the video - just the wrong date.

How can I solve this such that the video is displayed with the correct (creation) date?

Or is Lightroom the wrong tool at all to have a nice overview of the family photographs and videos in the correct chronological order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, video has been LR's unwanted stepchild -- it doesn't work reliably, it's missing features, and Adobe rarely fixes any of the issues.

Capture dates stored in video involves messy industry standards, and LR has long had bugs with video capture dates. There are many metadata dates with conflicting and confusing names, and three different dates that are all informally called "creation date".  

If you want to narrow down the bug in this case to be able to file an actionable bug report, upload one of the videos to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.  We can put it under the microscope and see what's going wrong.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

One workaround that often works for date issues in LR: Select all the files with date problems (videos and/or images). Do Metdata > Edit Capture Time, ensure Adjust To A Specified Date And Time is selected (it's the default), and click Change All.  (Contrary to first impressions, this does not change all the files to have the same capture date.)  Before trying this, make a catalog backup first, since you won't be able to reliably undo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines