Highlighted

video external player and editor

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am struggling to set up an external editor to play and trim video (mp4 & mov) from LR CC.

When I go to preferences/external editing, I can chose Quicktime Player which then become QuickTime 7 Edit Video (edited) but the file format and other variables below are not for video.  Is that normal? Anyway, if I select an mp4 video clip in the gallery and right click on it to edit in..., all the options are greyed out including QT 7.  So there is no external editor setup there.  BTW, video often do not play smoothly in LR.  Can someone help?

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

video external player and editor

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am struggling to set up an external editor to play and trim video (mp4 & mov) from LR CC.

When I go to preferences/external editing, I can chose Quicktime Player which then become QuickTime 7 Edit Video (edited) but the file format and other variables below are not for video.  Is that normal? Anyway, if I select an mp4 video clip in the gallery and right click on it to edit in..., all the options are greyed out including QT 7.  So there is no external editor setup there.  BTW, video often do not play smoothly in LR.  Can someone help?

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?