• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Import Failure

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. I'm loosing what little hair I have left!
Have used Lightroom for many years as an image processing tool but also for cataloguing the stills and video clips in our image bank. Recently however, Lightroom as stopped importing video clips, citing a "cannot connect to Dynamic Link Server" error.

I have scoured the forums, trying all manner of solutions from cleaning caches to stopping various processes to doing a complease uninstall of CC using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Nothing. 

I have the latest versions of the Mac OS and CC installed but, interesingly, Lightroom works just fine on my MacBook Air with Mojave running. Do you think this could be the issue? (I thought that Adobe and Catalina issues were sorted). A FB friend says she has the same issue yet she has not upgraded to Catalina so perhaps not.

Any new ideas guys? Adobe?

Thanks in anticipation.
Roger.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplest is to reboot the whole computer when this happens. This is a very old bug (predates Catalina) where Dynamic Link Server gets stuck. Rebooting usually fixes it. If that doesn't help, the fix is to run creative cloud cleaner (from adobe's website) and wipe the install and reinstall creative cloud and Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean restart the computer? If so have done this and also run Creative Cloud Cleaner without success. My next thought was to do a complete reinstall of the OS and the various apps. Pretty desperate by this stage...

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running into the same problem and tried every solution available without any luck. 

I reached a point where I deleted Lightroom and creative cloud from my computer. Still no luck.

if you have a fix please share. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines