• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video management

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom since 2011 and it's fantastic for photo organization, captioning, and management, but it has never been very good at managing my videos. It's sluggish at playing them and every time I upload my images and videos via the Smugmug plug-in, some videso fail to upload. I decided to start a new catalog at the beginning of the year, hoping that would help, but today I got a new error message I'd never even seen before when I tried to upload my photos to Smugmug. "Assertion failed." What does that mean?

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.26.10 PM.png

Should I give up on managing my videos in Lightroom? I have persisted so many years because photos and videos are both the same to me -- videos are just moving pictures -- and I take BOTH at the same event so I want to keep them together. But I'm about to give up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant you avoid the Smugmug plugin within Lightroom and still achieve your upload to that platform some other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, but I should be able to use all the features of a program available to me!

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, I get an "assertion failed! (1)" message when I try to export from Lightroom Classic to Smugmug via the Smugmug plugin. 

Have you managed to find a fix?

Thanks.

Lightroom 9.4

SmugMug plugin 3.2.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact SmugMug to update their Plug-in.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not exactly.

First I just switched to using the website, dragging my photos from Finder and dropping them into the uploader.

Then I got used to doing that, and also got a new computer last September. I did briefly try using the Smugmug uploader again, but I have SO many folders and and galleries full of photos and the ones on Smugmug don't match the ones on my computer anymore, so the initial sync only resulted in empty folders, so I gave up. The website uploader is incredibly speedy and I'm actually not currently using Lightroom a lot, so I'm fine for now. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines