• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video playback very laggy

Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried making video cache 10gb.  Turning off limiting.  Still no dice.  Cant get mov files to play smoothly.  Anyone know whats going on ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video playback seems laggy and unstable within Lightroom.

If I elect to view and playback a video clip from within the Finder, there are no playback issues.

It's as if the Operating System is better at playing back .MOV and .AVI files.

Edit: I suppose the issue could be any number of variables not least my 2009 iMac and external storage solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's as if the Operating System is better at playing back .MOV and .AVI files.

Unfortunately, other applications often are much better are playing video. LR's support for video has never been very good, and there's been a steady stream of problems since LR video was first released in LR 3.  See this thread for a workaround that let's you play LR video using Mac's QuickTime: Re: Lightroom video playback shot on iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines