Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video shows incorrect date and time stamp in latest Lightroom Classic

Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

videos imported from my Sony A7rMIII show incorrect date and time in lightroom classic (they show GMT time whereas the camera is set to GMT-6). I am using 10.0 release of lightroom.

Curiosly video in MTS file type has no problem, only MP4 videos...

The date and time shown in the playback of the camera is correct.

??

Thanks,

Juan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is caused by an industry mess with the Quicktime / MP4 standard.  LR could handle the mess better, but at this point, in my opinion it's very unlikely they will make the effort.  See this bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-video-capture-time-... 

In particular, see my reply two posts down in that thread. Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe might someday prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Meanwhile, your only option is to change the times with the menu command Metadata > Edit Capture Time.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines