• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View > Sort 0nly works intermittently

Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long time LR CC user on Windows 10 and the latest LR CC. I have been trying to figure out why sort only works intermittently. Can someone tell me the magic.

I am right now in a collection of 427 images. In just the first 10 images there are 7 tif 2 CR2 and 1 psd. The entire 427 collection is mixed like this. Some CR2 some tif and some psd. I need to sort these by extension. Some of the images have color labels some do not. many are rated. I have many collections like this. I never used to have a problem sorting. Recently, something changed and sorting works sometimes and other times, nothing happens. What am I missing.

I know it must be something I am doing. It is hell getting old.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest LR CC

Adobe no longer refers to the Lightroom products as CC any longer. So I have to inquire as to exactly what version you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to reporting which version of LR you're running (do Help > System Info), please post a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR window showing incorrectly sorted photos.  Before making the screenshot, configure Library Grid view to show the filenames above the thumbnails.  Do View > View Options and set Compact Cell Extras > Top Label to File Name. Then do View > Grid View  Style > Compact Extras.

The screenshot should give enough information to figure out what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced this issue a few months ago. Resetting Lightroom Classic preferences fixed it for me.

Here is a link to the Adobe page explaining how to do that.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines