• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing in preset custom order

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've custom-sorted the photos in each of my albums, but just noticed that others aren't seeing the same sort-order when they look. Is there a way to make my sort order fixed (a default) for anyone who visits my albums? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NooNav,

The only way I've found that works consistantly and stays that way is to use the rename function. Be sure to have a number system such as "My Photos-001.jpg"

That will work if you do not mind doing the renaming (in Library mode, in the Library menu, about half way down). It's very automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated Albums

You did not state Catalog

Lightroom, or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David is correct, I am assuming that you're working with a catalog in Lightroom Classic. 

The renaming can be for items in a folder, a collection, or your entire catalog. 

You cannot rename in LR-Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm using the LR mobile app on my phone. It only has the option for folders an albums. I wonder if catalogs are called albums in the mobile app.

I'd hate to have to rename all these photos. There are quiet a few. So I'm hoping there's an easier way to maintain the order for viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NooNav,

A catalog is a document that contains all of the information about all of your images. This is the core of Lightroom Classic.

Unfortunately I do not believe there is any way to lock in the order of images in a folder in LR-M.

(As far as renaming images in LR-Classic, it's pretty easy actually: you take the block of images that you want to rename, select the option to rename, input the parameters of how you want to rename them, then click OK and it's done. But since you cannot use that approach in LR-M, it's kind of irrelevant. My bad for not picking up your using the word of Albums.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm using the LR mobile app on my phone"

So, you would be better off posting your issue in the LR Mobil community page:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-for-mobile-apple-tv/bd-p/lightroom-for-mobile-and-apple-tv?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines