Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual copies not showing

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Virtual Copies in LR Classic

When I attempt to make virtual copies LR tells me they are made, however, they are not showing up in the filmstrip in the develop module nor in the library module grid view. How do I find them?

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you are filtering for Master Photos only

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 3.02.58 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explian what you mean by "Virtual Copies"?

How does Lr tell you they are made?  Lr would not 'tell you' - only another preview is created in the Library right next to the 'Master' thumbnail.

The Virtual Copy thumbnail will show the 'turned up' corner.

ScreenShot257.jpg

They can be stacked in Folder view to show only the Master-

ScreenShot258.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typicaly stacked with master

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has a Bezel that pops up when it creates a Virtual Copy.  Unfortunately, on my Mac, sometimes the Bezel shows up long enough to read and sometimes it just flashes on the screen.  A bug but not a big issue for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! My Bezel 'flash' is so fast I have never noticed it ever before, esp when my vision is aimed at the preview thumbnails!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you viewing the images in the "Previous Import" area? You need to be in the library folder for the virtual copies to be visible.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines