Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VSCO Missing profile LR CC Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I recently updated my old LR (v5) to LR CC Classic (8.2) and reinstalled VSCO presets. The problem is that when I apply a VSCO preset (canon) in a raw file (canon) the VSCO camera profile is missing. And I cannot import them manually in the profile navigator.

I have checked that VSCO preset are correctly stored in my user library. In particular:

HD Mac / users / my user / Library / Application Support / adobe / camera raw

Camera profiles / Vsco film Canon profiles

Settings / Vsco film 1 / toolkit / toolikit color

My OS is Mojave and the library user is hidden. I have made it always visible.

I have tried different solutions from the forums but nothing works and I am a little bit desperate because VSCO are important in my workflow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David! Thanks a lot for your reply. I have read very carefully all the links in your post (many of them were familar to me) and I do not find the key.

As a said yesterday, I have checked that VSCO files are correctly stored in my user library. After installing VSCO (many times), I try to import manually the VSCO camera profiles but LR says "the folder could not be created".

In develop module, I can see my vsco on the left side of the panel. The problem is the right side and VSCO camera profiles. They are missing.

Thanks for your help David. VSCO customer support is really slow and they are not very interested in helping with this problem.

I am still looking for solutions.

Regards,

Paco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VSCO customer support is really slow and they are not very interested in helping with this problem.

VSCO Film is being discontinued from March – see my blog for more information.

99jon tech: VSCO Film Closing

Do any of the presets include a profile? If you select a preset does a profile show up in the profile browser on the right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your help.

I can see the VSCO presets on left side. But when I apply some of them the specific VSCO camera profile on right panel is missing. It is the same with all the VSCO presets.

When I go to profile navigator I only see the Adobe profiles (vintage, modern, matriz, etc.). I have tried to import VSCO camera profiles manually but It does not work too.

Adobe Customer Support sent me an email with some instructions to clean some old files. Uninstall and reinstall adobe programs. But the error is the same.

It is really frustrating.

Thanks anyway Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go into Profiles on the right, you need to select browse to see the non basic Adobe ones. This includes extra ones from Adobe, the camera matching ones, and any third party profiles.

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francisco, I'm facing the exact same issues you're facing and have checked everything you've checked. This is driving me crazy. Have you found a solution by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone managed to crack this? I cannot get VSCO to work for the life of me, and it's driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't cracked it jbriscoe​ but I did find out that you I can still see the tone curves for the VSCO presets in there which has encouraged me to work on my tone curve and own settings a lot more

I did write to VSCO though but haven't heard back yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise – wrote VSCO and hoping for a speedy response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VSCO profiles are camera specific. Perhaps the profiles you installed are not the ones for the camera you are shooting with currently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, the VSCO profiles I have seen are all camera specific. They will not work for any other camera than they were originally meant for. That said, you CAN make them work for other cameras by using DNG profile editor which is a free download from Adobe labs. This is not for the fainthearted and is a multistep process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fuji profiles as I shoot on an X-T2...still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are specific to the exact camera model not just a brand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing, you only have the option to select make, not model. Unless I'm missing this somewhere post install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These profiles are specific to the exact model camera. I remember VSCO used to include profiles for every known camera from a certain brand. It is likely that the package you are using was from before the XT-2 was released and so they didn't include it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot on a Canon 6D, always have and have always used the specific VSCO presets for that camera in Lightroom without any problem. It was upgrading to a newer version of Lightroom that has messed things up. And I did install the right profiles.

VSCO got back with this:

"I'm glad that you were able to see our note about discontinuing support of the product.

That being said, we are no longer doing any troubleshooting or support related to the VSCO Film product. I am not able to offer any answers to questions that might come up. I'm sorry about that.

Please reach out if you have any further questions."

Shame. If anyone ever solves this, I'm all ears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same reply today - useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. What is happening is that the profiles are likely not getting indexed by Lightroom Classic. What you should do is go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw where you probably will find the VSCO .dcp files. Move these out of that folder onto the desktop. Then in Lightroom Classic Develop, hit the little profile browser icon (the four squares). Then on the left of "profile browser" hit the plus icon and select "import profiles". Point it to the profiles now on your desktop and import them all. Now you might have to reload Lightroom but after you've done that the profiles should show up in a section called "profiles" in the profile browser where you can select them as favorites to make them show up in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ABSOLUTE legend...thank you! That worked beautifully.

If I delete the raw .dcp files now from my desktop, assuming they'll be gone from Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jbriscoe  wrote

You ABSOLUTE legend...thank you! That worked beautifully.

If I delete the raw .dcp files now from my desktop, assuming they'll be gone from Lightroom?

You should be able to delete the dip files from your desktop. When you import profiles it copies them back into a folder in the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles folder (this is the folder in your own home directory) where you should now find a directory called Profiles that has them all in it.

When trying to import the profiles from the desktop, I get an error saying: "Import Profiles - A folder could not be created."

This probably means the permissions are set wrong in the folder where Lightroom is trying to put the profiles. open up the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ folder in your home directory and do a get info on the CameraProfiles folder that should be in there and make sure you have read and write permissions to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your help Jao vdL and I feel we're almost there. Indeed I didn't have writing permissions, changed it, redid the whole thing, no error popped up, relaunched Lightroom and they're still not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be several reasons for that. One is that Lightroom isn't showing the section in the profile browser. To fix that, go into the little plus icon that you used to import the profiles and select "manage profiles". Make sure to select all sections there including "legacy" and "profiles". That should enable the section where these profiles should show up. Second reason right be that the profiles are not meant for the camera you are looking at raw files of. Are you sure the camera is supported by these? Lastly, it is possible that the permissions are still not correct on the entire folder, preventing Lightroom from writing a new index file. In this case, back out the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles until you see the Adobe folder. Do a get info on that and make sure you have read+write permissions. Then in the gear icon below the permissions area, select "apply to enclosed items". Then restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jao vdL​! Thought I had written to you with the bad news that that didn't help either, but apparently forgot. HOWEVER, today, out of the blue, the presets showed up exactly where they originally used to live

No rhyme or reason.

But they're there so I'm pretty sure that something you suggested had a delayed effect at some point and made them show up!

So, THANK YOU so much ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it worked in the end!

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 9:28 AM raquelf18640173 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines