• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet pen pressure not working for Lightroom adjustment brush.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this has been brought up before, but whne using a Wacom pen/tablet in Lightroom the pen pressure does not work as intended in Windows. From looking around online it seems that you can possibly get this to work (I have not been able to make it work) by ensuring Windows Ink is on and the box is checked in the Wacom settings. This has been stated by a few users to result in the pen pressure working correctly, however many then state that the sliders have considerable lag/stickiness after doing this (again not something I have experienced). Right now I have perfectly smooth sliders and no pen pressure sensitivity in Lightroom and nothing i have tried has changed this.

I did have issues with pen pressure in Photoshop and was able to resolve it by doing a simple text edit fix to force Photoshop to ignore windows ink. There does not appear to be a similar fix for Lightroom which is frustrating. I would very much like Adobe to address this and work with Wacom to improve this and allow full usage of the Wacom tablet and pen capabilities.

I have a Wacom Intuos Pro with the Pro Pen 2 - latest drivers. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/no-pressure-sensitivity-in-lr9-for-wacom-intu...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/wacom-intuous-pro-small-pressure-sensitivity-with-l...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I have Wacom Intuos PT S and haven't noticed any problems with pen pressure in Lightroom, although when Windows ink is checked, there is a problem with lag as others have noticed.

So, this could very well be hard for Adobe to fix when the problem may well appear to be random. I use same the same driver as for the other models, so I don't think it is model specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released Monday and contain several updates/enhancements for Wacom tablets. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, this update caused my Wacom tablet to stop working completely in Photoshop and Lightroom... Have to revert to a previous release to get them working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines