• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wan't to put collages in Print module back to the original folder in the Library

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create collages in the Print module and be able to put them back to the Library where the original files are stored. I don't want to print them as jpg from the Print module. I want them to be collected togheter in their folder in Lightroom so I then will be able to export all the files in different sizes. Is this possible? 

My way around it is to print them as jpg, then add them to the library again and then export them togheter with all the other files in the folder in different sizes. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

There really is no "putting them back in the Library"!  The photos are always in the Library, and always in their original location in folders.

The best workflow for you is to-

1) Select your multiple photos for the Collage, go to Print Module.

2) Layout the Cells for the collage and fill with the photos

3) [Create a Saved Print]

Now you have a COLLECTION that shows these specific photos wherever and whatever they are in your Library.

You can select the Collection and Edit the photos some more,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure I understand what you are asking.... is the collage the end product that you want to print at various sizes or the individual images in the collage? If it is the former you can export the set of images as layers into photoshop, arrange your collage, save your changes and  the collage will be added back into Lightroom automatically when you close and save the changes. You can rename the file back in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for your reply! 

Yes the collage is the end product. The Print module is so simple and quick to make a collage in. I want to add vertical images into a collage with two pairs beside eachother. I know I can do the collage in Photoshop, but it's much faster in the Print module since I just have to select all the images and then they're all paired. I make many of those paired collages every day and therefor it would be awesome if I can use this quick module, but still keep them as the collage in Lightroom to be able to export them together with all the other horizontal images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've found the workaround. The Print module is for - well - Printing. Making a jpg and importing it is probably a bit quicker than using Ps - maybe give it a try? It's all about the most efficient workflow for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really is no "putting them back in the Library"!  The photos are always in the Library, and always in their original location in folders.

The best workflow for you is to-

1) Select your multiple photos for the Collage, go to Print Module.

2) Layout the Cells for the collage and fill with the photos

3) [Create a Saved Print]

Now you have a COLLECTION that shows these specific photos wherever and whatever they are in your Library.

You can select the Collection and Edit the photos some more, Export them to other files, etc. And you can return to the Collage in the Print module by a [Double-Click] on the Saved Print Collection. 

And do not forget to also save your collage Template as a Preset that you can use with other photos at any time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines