Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Water mark Editor - Italic fonts

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I use Watermark Editor and try to get on the Text Options the Style: Italic, the text on the exported photo appears straight and not Italic.
How can I get it real Italic?
Thanks, I'll appreciate any help.

I use:
Lightroom Version v10
Windows 10
Operating System build  19041.572

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems with fonts back in 2018. See this forum thread-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/adding-a-font-to-lightroom-classic/td-p/10124538?pa...

My suggestion is this 'work-around'-

Create a 'Graphic' image with your desired font in Photoshop- and use that as a watermark.

1) In Photoshop open a new 'document' with a transparent background layer

2) Using the Text Tool- type your text in the font style as you want it

3) Apply some special effects [fx] to make it spectacular, if wanted

4) Add an image/logo if wanted

5) Save the document as a PNG type file to preserve transparency.

6) In the LrC watermark editor- use the 'Graphic' image (not Text!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only certain Fonts work with the Watermark system. If the one you want to use doesn't show up then you need to use a different one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. Sorry but didn't find any fonts which enabled changing Regular to Italic with the Watermark Editor.

I was informed by a Lightroom user that uses Mac that he could change to italic when he used Arial. (I'm using Windows 10). So I asume youre answere relies on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC for the information and advise. It's clear to me now that there is an inharent problem in Lightroom using the Watermark Editor which cann't be used as it supposed to.

As I instaled Windows 10 just resently and I haven't got any such phenomenon when I used Watermark Editor with Windows 7, I supose that this font problem ocures when used with Window 10. (I have no problem with with transfering regular to italic fonts when using Word by Windows 10).

I wonder if ther is a way to address this problem to Adobe Lightromm to be fixed (hopefully...) on the next Lightroom edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines