• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark location

Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Watermark for use in Lightroom. My problem is I can't find the orginal version to edit. When I open the Watermark Editor, it shows the watermark but is there any way to see either the file name I called it or the location?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Watermarks are effectively like a kind of Preset. By default configuration, there is one central folder that all Lightroom Classic's user configuration  files such as Presets live in - and this is referred to the same no matter what Catalog may be used (the alternative is "store with Catalog" where they are saved alongside a particular Catalog, in which (alone) will they be presented.

To navigate to this central location, one way is in LR Preferences / presets tab / click button "Show All Other

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

If you actuall Saved that graphic watermark it will appear in the Watermarks folder and the files in that folder are Text Files that can be opened in Notepad and then nyou can see the PATH to the file you used as the watermark graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search your hard drive for a folder called Watermarks. Any and all watermarks you created in LR Classic will be in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I created the watermark graphic, I didn't call it Watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not say anything about a graphic file in your OP.

No matter IIRC the Name of the watermark should still be in the Watermarks folder on your drive.

Otherwise it wouldn't appear in the Watermark drop down list in the Export dialog window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I noticed that oversight when I last replied.

Here's what I see in LR

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actuall Saved that graphic watermark it will appear in the Watermarks folder and the files in that folder are Text Files that can be opened in Notepad and then nyou can see the PATH to the file you used as the watermark graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarks are effectively like a kind of Preset. By default configuration, there is one central folder that all Lightroom Classic's user configuration  files such as Presets live in - and this is referred to the same no matter what Catalog may be used (the alternative is "store with Catalog" where they are saved alongside a particular Catalog, in which (alone) will they be presented.

To navigate to this central location, one way is in LR Preferences / presets tab / click button "Show All Other Lightroom Presets".  This opens an OS file window to a folder called "Lightroom". Inside that, among other stuff, is a folder "Watermarks". Inside that, are the named watermarks that you have made.

When one of these is opened up in a text editor, path and filename can be seen for any graphic image that it employs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Richard. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the path but my case the folder is EMPTY. No watermark ther even I have create about 20 watermarks for my photo making same confusions. So I need to delete some of them. I wonder why this item is so INTRICATE...

miroslavan74487649_1-1668025426673.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The central folder for Lightroom's develop presets etc has moved, since these are now shared with ACR. However Watermarks are specific to LrC and ACR does not use them. Thus if you have navigated to where the presets are, go up a couple of levels where you will see (among others) both CameraRaw and Lightroom (a legacy folder name meaning in this case, LrClassic). Watermarks are in the latter.

It is important to note, Watermarks is not where watermark graphics live (unless you make that happen yourself). They are the placement setup which then either references a graphic file (that you have browsed to elsewhere) - or else chooses a particular typeface and defines some text content for the watermark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting that after today's further complicated search and opening of folders with watermarks, my LR was fixed out of nowhere:
1) The Watermark folder is suddenly no longer empty.
2) When exporting / inserting a watermark, the function: Delete watermark / Rename watermark suddenly appears.
I use LR on two PCs and I had a long-term problem with it on both. So I'll see how I do on the other PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thus if you have navigated to where the presets are, go up a couple of levels where you will see (among others) both CameraRaw and Lightroom (a legacy folder name meaning in this case, LrClassic). Watermarks are in the latter."

An easier way to find the Watermarks folder is to do Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets.  This will open Finder / File Explorer with the Lightroom settings folder selected, and the Watermarks subfolder will be inside that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

checki in:
C:\Users\(USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines