• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark not showing up when exporting

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Up until a week ago I was able to watermark images when exporting. When repeating the same process now, when I open up the jpeg image, there is no watermark. I have installed all of the latest upgrades. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emmam,

Few questions:-

• Which verision of Lightroom are you using?
  • Do you have the option Watermark checked in the export window as shown in the screenshot below?

Please Try creating a new watermark using Edit Watermark and also make sure the opacity is set to 100%. Or Choose a font large font and font type like Arial.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your messages guys, but I am already doing what you've said Akash. The box is definitely ticked, and I've created different logos with full opacity - it shows when I'm viewing it before export, but once its exported its gone! I'm using lightroom cc 2015.7. I only ever use it on the same computer. I've tried exporting from both the catalog and the collection, neither work. I get no error messages, it simply just doesn't show the watermark. I am doing exactly the same that I was some weeks ago when it was working, so I'm at a loss as to whats going on with it.

Is there anything else I can try? Many thanks, Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of the full export dialog window. Like this.

Export dialog 4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Hi here's a screenshot. You are right Just Shoot Me,  I can see the watermark when I am editing it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a newer watermark and have you used it before?

If not try a different font. Some fonts work and some don't in watermarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emmam6268984 wrote:

...it shows when I'm viewing it before export, but once its exported its gone!...

Really?  Where do you see it before export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoeKostoss wrote:

emmam6268984 wrote:

...it shows when I'm viewing it before export, but once its exported its gone!...

Really? Where do you see it before export?

Joe you can see it if you Edit Watermark. I wondered the same thing then it dawned on me that is where he is seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, you may be right, but he did not say that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoeKostoss wrote:

Ah yes, you may be right, but he did not say that.

Right but that is the only place you can see the WM placed on top of an image before it is exported. So if it isn't that then he will need to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but once its exported its gone! I'm using lightroom cc 2015.7.

What program are you using to view the exported photo? Are you using Windows File Explorer or another photo browser?

There is a subtle bug with watermarks that wasn't fixed until LR 7.2. But if you tell us which program you're using to view the photos, I can suggest a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emmam6268984 wrote:

I have installed all of the latest upgrades.

You should always state the OS and version and the program version. "the latest upgrades" may a) be wrong and b) gets wrong as soon as there is an upgrade.

Now for you problem:

I have realized, that when working the same catalog on different computers (catalog and photos reside on an external hard disk), that the watermarks are defined locally instead to the catalog. I need to have the same watermark names on both computers. If not, Lightroom will silently discard the watermark instead showing an error message.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I had the same issue until I thought to re-link my graphic file under Lightroom > Edit Watermark. I had originally linked the graphic from my desktop, but moved it to my documents later, so the path got broken. Too bad there is no error message! Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacklyn, this happeded to me an your answer helped me greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to get your issue resolved with exporting your photos with your watermark?  I am now having the same issue and have tried everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines