Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarks are lost at upload

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have successfully created watermarks and they show on my exported photos. However, when I upload these photos to a website, the watermarks are gone - which is the opposite of their original purpose. What is happening? Has anyone seen this issue before and knows how it can be fixed?

Thanks so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Thank you Richard! 

I figured out that I was accidenly uploading from the wrong folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are uploading the wrong files to the website, like maybe the originals?

Using your favorite image viewer, check the export folder to verify that the export did happen correctly and that you are looking at the correct version of the exported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ManiacJoe!

It seems like thats exactly what happened - embarrassing but true. I mixed up the folders, guess I was quite tired when I did this. Thank you very much for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you uploading. How are you publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I figured out that I was accidently uploading from the wrong folder 😞

So all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use a special Publish service to put the images up on the website, that is in effect a different kind of Export and does not inherit your currently chosen Export settings. You would need to configure the export settings for that Publish service, to include whatever watermarking you desire (as well as resizing, etc). There may be many different reasons for Exporting and some of those will have different watermarking requirements than others. So different setups can be made - and returned to, e.g. if saved as an export preset - or else a Publish service once set up, then continues as a consistent arrangement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Richard! 

I figured out that I was accidenly uploading from the wrong folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines