Highlighted

Watermarks missing from export menu after installing some presets

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm running Lightroom Classic and I downloaded some presets. They seem to have installed just fine, they're listed on the left side, they all seem to work, etc.

Then I tried to export a photo and my watermarks are all missing from the pulldown menu in the export box. I had about 8 watermarks and the only option I have now is "edit watermarks", the default. The weird part is that the watermarks are all still there in the folder where they were before, they just don't show up as an option in the pulldown.

What did I do? Is this a preference file issue?

Ah, just have to check. Have you perhaps accidentaly in /preferences/presets/ selected to "Store presets with this catalog?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Watermarks missing from export menu after installing some presets

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm running Lightroom Classic and I downloaded some presets. They seem to have installed just fine, they're listed on the left side, they all seem to work, etc.

Then I tried to export a photo and my watermarks are all missing from the pulldown menu in the export box. I had about 8 watermarks and the only option I have now is "edit watermarks", the default. The weird part is that the watermarks are all still there in the folder where they were before, they just don't show up as an option in the pulldown.

What did I do? Is this a preference file issue?

Ah, just have to check. Have you perhaps accidentaly in /preferences/presets/ selected to "Store presets with this catalog?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattoutwest,

Sorry that some of your watermarks have gone missing from Lightroom Classic after installing some presets. That shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right.

Which version of Lightroom Classic are you using?

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion Watermarks has disappeared  and let is know if the offered suggestions helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Akash.

I have version 8.3.1 of Lightroom Classic. The related thread (2386705) did not help. That person seems to have had a different issue. Their watermark options show up in the pulldown menu but don't actually appear on the photo. My watermarks disappeared from the export menu. Here's the sequence:

1. created several watermarks (13 total) - used them for several months successfully.

2. About 5 days ago I installed some presets by copying them to my "Develop Presets" folder inside the Lightroom settings folder.

3. I restarted Lightroom and the presets imported and seem to all work fine.

4. A couple days ago, I tried to export a photo but all my watermark options are gone from the export menu (see picture below).

5. The 13 watermark files are all still in the folder "Macintosh HD/Users/Me/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Watermarks"

I could probably re-create all the watermarks, it just seems like this is probably something really simple I overlooked.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 7.40.59 PM.png

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choos Edit Watermarks, does the Watermark Editor come up, and are any of your saved ones shown?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, when I click on Edit Watermarks, it just brings up the normal screen to create a new watermark. None of my existing watermarks are in the pulldown menu in the upper left.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

No, when I click on Edit Watermarks, it just brings up the normal screen to create a new watermark. None of my existing watermarks are in the pulldown menu in the upper left.

Can you create a new one?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDITIED/

In Finder, select one of your watermarks, select get info. Anything odd about the Sharing & Permissions (Me should have at least Read/Write, probably also the same and Read for the group Everyone, and in case some odd group called Staff)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it. I'm not sure how that box got checked because I didn't even know it existed. I unchecked it and everything's back to normal. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
robmac47 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems counter-intuative, but that worked for me too ... thanks for the tip!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0