• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for WAV Files (Voice Memos)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can I not import WAV files into Lightroom; used an Olympus OM EM1x with a Sony Tough card the files and WAV loaded onto the desktop fine but when trying with Lightroom it does not even show that the WAV file exists. Please someone help it is driving me mad!!!!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before copying the files to your desktop, insert the card, open the Import window, and make sure the card is selected under the Files section of the Sources panel, not the Devices section.  My hypothesis is that for the Olympus card, LR has been selecting the Devices section, whereas it normally selects the Files section (e.g. for your Canon card).

Importing from the card via the Files section should be no different than copying the files to your Desktop and importing them from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK John, I will be in touch on Monday to let you know how I have got on. Many thanks for your help.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, sorry that I failed to get back to you on last monday, but just to let you know that everything is working perfectly so all is good. Can you also tell me why Lightroom Classic sometimes creates it's own nos for the image files rather then importing the no. created by the camera which is essential for my work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"Can you also tell me why Lightroom Classic sometimes creates it's own nos for the image files rather then importing the no. created by the camera which is essential for my work."

Do you mean the numbers in the imported filenames, e.g. P2100074.ORF? If those are changing on import, then you have enabled File Renaming in the Import window.  Uncheck the option Rename Files:

johnrellis_0-1619544489620.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic 12.3.

I recently started shooting with a Canon R5. One of it's features is to allow recording audio memos for individual photographs. When imported from the camera's memory card the audio files are ignored. If the card is copied to a folder on the computer and imported from there, the audio files are imported as sidecar files and listed in the photo's metadata.

This will be an important feature to me.  It would be very welcome for them to import directly from the memory card rather than requiring the entire set of files to be copied locally and imported from the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stuart Rauh, try importing from Files section rather than the Devices section of the Import window, as detailed here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-support-for-wav-files-voice-memos/idc-p/119... 

Votes

Translate

Translate