• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

web galleries requiring adobe flash

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very very amateur web designer, perhaps the worst you will ever know.

This regards my personal photography website, detranophotos.com.  Over the past ten years, I have created many web galleries using photoshop and lightroom.  I uploaded these onto a personal website detranophotos.com.  I used text editors and dreamweaver to write the HTML code and filezilla to upload.  

Many of my galleries require adobe flash to view.  When Adobe discontinued Flash, my web pages like this one http://detranophotos.com/Gallery%20264%20Liyuan%20Hot%20Springs%202011/

stopped working.  Aside from having to delete the corresponding colde and recreate and re-upload the galleries with new ones, is there any workaround to this problem?  Adobe tech support copped out and told me to ask you guys.

Depressed

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any workarounds there might be will make life easier for you, but not the folk trying to view your galleries. Flash is dead - rebuild your galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering.  Of course, it would be important that people can view the galleries.  My problem is, that with my limited skills,  rebuilding and re-uploading dozens of galleries will take an enormous effort and time. 

This must be a problem that others, with larger sites than mine, have had to face.  How to do it as efficiently as possible?

By the way, I find it unforgiveable that, as late as 2019, Adobe still promoted and sold software to build galleries that would require a program that they inteded to discontinue.  Is there a way perhaps to input the galleries into an application that outputs galleries that do not require Flash??

Right now, can you help with suggestions on how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be helpful. You can download a free trial of Adobe Animate and give it a try.

https://www.hurix.com/convert-flash-based-websites-html5/

https://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines