• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webgallery with gps coordinates who show a map when you click on an image or link

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used TheTuringGate CE4 Gallery, to show my images which had GPS coordinates in them. When I clicked the gps-sign, a map opened to show where the picture was taken.... since sometime, when I click on the gps-sign, the map shows a place 10th of thousands miles further..... I made a gallery as sample, to show whats wrong...
https://mediapix.eu/gps-error

First click on the image, then on the location-sign.... the wrong location shows.... then you could copy the gps data in the left down under to see what gps is in the image, and where it was made for real....

Now I think: it has something to do with the api-code from google-maps....

Thats why I would like a customisable plugin for LR, where I could show my images with a map.... who knows?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Now I think: it has something to do with the api-code from google-maps"

It's more likely due to an issue with the the gallery software.  Consider this photo in the gallery:

https://mediapix.eu/gps-error/RB1_3168-single.html

The lower-left caption says, 51°51'40.765" N 6°29'14.753" E.  But the link on the pin button on the lower-right contains different coordinates:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=loc:51.879167,29.4425&ll=51.879167,29.4425&t=m&z=18 

51.879167, 29.4425 = 51° 52' 45.0", 29° 26' 33.0".  This link was likely constructed by the gallery software, not the Google API.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes you are totally right, that's why i search for a new plugin who does
the same...

Grtz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would like a customisable plugin for LR, where I could show my images with a map"

Check out the feature Viewing Photos In Google Earth of the Geoencoding Support Plugin.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines