Highlighted

Weird Duplicate Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 09.35.28.pngHello, everyone,

Of recent, when I import new content into Lightroom, I see "greyed" out duplicates.  These are not images already imported so are not real duplicates. See recent screengrab.

Lightroom appears to ignore them (and thus only imports the ticked images) but visually these duplciates occupy twice the viewing space which is annoying.

Is there a simple solution to this wierdness? 

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird Duplicate Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 09.35.28.pngHello, everyone,

Of recent, when I import new content into Lightroom, I see "greyed" out duplicates.  These are not images already imported so are not real duplicates. See recent screengrab.

Lightroom appears to ignore them (and thus only imports the ticked images) but visually these duplciates occupy twice the viewing space which is annoying.

Is there a simple solution to this wierdness? 

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if they carry the very same name. If "do not import duplicates" is checked, it only imports one of them and not both of them.

How comes they have the same file name?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed the issue.  I have no idea why duplicates upon import are being created.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "new content", do you mean photos that you just took with your camera, or photos that have been on your hard disk that have not been imported?

Please include your screen capture in your message via the "Insert Photos" icon, and not as attachments. I do not download attachements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - new images straight out of the camera.

Screengrab now available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted with thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting Lightroom's preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please describe your process of importing/moving/copying your images from camera/card to the PC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import via the Camera's SD card (source) with the import type set to COPY.  Within 5-10 seconds of this process, duplicated greyed out images appear and yet they've never touched LR before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my last reply on page 2 of this conversation. I'll copy it here.

Quote:

Are you connecting the camera to the computer directly or using a Card Reader?

Does your camera have 2 memory card slots? Do you have a card in each slot if it does?

If it does and you do are you creating Duplicates, Copies, Backups, on the second card?

Simply put LrC does not do what you are seeing with a properly installed and properly functioning LrC install.

End Quote:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using a regular card reader and no, there’s no other cards in the
camera - it’s an EOS R

Many thanks
--
Adrian Bell Sent from Gmail Mobile

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0