• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What did I change to make filmstrip thumbnails look as if they have squamous cell growths?

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble seeing some of the stuff on the filestrip thumbnails the past couple of days because of odd slanted gray bars on each end and miniscule new dots for select/candidate/reject/flagged status on my 4K HD monitor.  This is even more changes that are cumbersome for me when for instance using the Compare view.  Any way to get my prior thumbnail style/size/contents back or even to just a default form?

Untitled.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few more examples of the abbynormal thumbnail cells.

Untitled 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are referred to as "badges". If you right-click on one of the thumbnails you are given options, and one of the options is to show badges. You will see that the option is checked, and if you uncheck it those badges will not display. They indicate images that have been edited and cropped, the numbers indicate images that are stacked and how many are in the stack. And the flag indicates images that you have flagged to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

Dave is referring to anamolous display glitches in his film strip:

Untitled.jpg

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1.  Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info.

2. Set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off and restart LR.  Does that fix it?

3. If you're on Mac, update to the latest version of Mac OS to get the most recent graphics driver. If you're on Windows, go directly to the manufacturer's web site to get the most recent driver (don't rely on Windows Update):

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines