Highlighted

What happened to selected images in import

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photomechanic to cull images, I used to be able to drag selected images into LR Classic and only those images would be selected. Now I drag the files in and nothing is selected to start. I also used to open up folders and it would have all images selected and I'd have to "uncheck" the ones I didn't want. Now again, nothing is selected. Do I need to change a setting or something for this to work the way it worked before this last update?

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What happened to selected images in import

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photomechanic to cull images, I used to be able to drag selected images into LR Classic and only those images would be selected. Now I drag the files in and nothing is selected to start. I also used to open up folders and it would have all images selected and I'd have to "uncheck" the ones I didn't want. Now again, nothing is selected. Do I need to change a setting or something for this to work the way it worked before this last update?

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photo Mechanic creating xmp files to go with the selected images?  Are those files going along with the selected image files into LR CL?  

It's been a while since I used PM, so I'm guessing a little here.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Are you dragging from the PM window in either of those platforms or from the particular OS file viewer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows... I'm dragging from the PM window, but the same thing happens when I drag from the OS file viewer as well. 

Used to be when I would drag in selected files from PM only the ones I selected would be checked and when I dragged from an OS file all would be checked automatically. Now nothing is checked, at all, no matter where I pull in from. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue. Lucky I don' have a wedding to work on at the moment or it would just be unusable. Do we even know if the Lightroom team are looking at this issue? Is posting here the way to register bugs in the latest release? This is unworkable 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else was complaining about this and solved it. I just went into Lightroom, went to about then hit update. It now works as it did before!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try updating it again, seemed to be messed up after this last update, it's worked the same way since I started using it in 2009, till now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked to see if there an update for Photo Mecanic? Just a thought.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine says it's up to date, and it's still the same... it's annoying, I thought that was a basic setting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines