• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best LR->PS->LR Workflow ? Confused about the Look of my presets in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I´m a little bit confused about the best timing of apllying my presets to my photos....

I like to do some retouch in PS and applying my LR presets after the retouch procedure. But the presets look different after this workflow...

I´m used to bring my Photos into Lightroom, rate them, edit them in Photoshop, going back to Lightroom and apllying my Presets. At some point, I noticed, that the same Presets look different an greenish on edited and not edited photos although it was the same Preset. Some wise Men taught me the difference between an RAW and an PSD and that the whitebalance causes some differences. So I edited all my presets to "with and without changes on the Whitebalace". But today after updating LR and PS I still notice a difference on the Look of my "not changing WB"-presets between an Photo that was edited in PS and an photo where I only apply the preset in LR.

I know that you can rightclick on a photo "edit as a smart object" and apply the preset in Camera RAW Editor and the preset results are the same between LR and PS... BUT! you can´t edit a Smartobject, no skin retouch, brush etc. just things like brightness/contrast etc. because you have to rasterize it before you can retouch an image.. But I like to do a retouch on a RAW Image... especially when my presets are really contrasty and grainy.

I hope this wasn´t too confusing for you und someone can help me find the best way to retouch my images in PS without loosing the look of my LR-presets.

P.s.Sorry for my english

Greetings

Matthias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"But I like to do a retouch on a RAW Image... especially when my presets are really contrasty and grainy."

The only way to do this is using the tools available in LrC and Camera Raw. You really want to get the raw image as close to the final rendering BEFORE doing any editing in PS. Apply your preset first in LrC along with other adjustments such as the Basic panel controls. Lacking this raw file highlight and shadow clipping will be permanently rendered into the PS file and not recoverable along with the other undesireable behavior you are encountering. More here: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=lightroom+classic+portrait+editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines