• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the recovery plan for a bad 6.14/2015.14 catalog?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hit the end of my rope with a 4.5Gb and 249,000-item catalog that chronically crashes. I have tried LR repairs, SQlite repair tools, importing from that catalog to another, accessing a copy from another user account (on my Mac), moving the catalog, deleting the previews, everything. 

It is just cashed out. I get a ten second window to do something other than generate previews. The only thing I can do without crashing this catalog is export or save metadata. I have both RAW files and scanned TIFFs/JPGs. How do I get as much as possible into a new "add in place" catalog? Is there a guide to this? I would like to move:

- Exposure adjustments

- Cropping

- Face detection (even if just zones)

- Flags and color codes

- Collections

If plugging into a Windows machine, accessing the same catalog, and exporting as a catalog would do it, I can try that. But I suspect I will still lose a ton of metadata and changes that way.

I am not afraid of using plugins or doing transformations on XML. I am primarily frustrated because there is no documentation telling me what is where (catalog? sidecar? file metadata?). I would think that a sidecar should be everything. But the program does not seem to be setup that way.

And so far it has been taking days to find out what won't work.

Has anyone else been in this boat?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean?

have hit the end of my rope with a 4.5Gb and 249,000-item catalog that chronically crashes.

What are the symptoms of a catalog that chronically crashes? Be specific. And how do you know the problem is the catalog?

Also provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any catalog backups that you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like the video driver crashing, not a bad catalog.

Disable GPU in preferences and see of that stops the crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines