• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting with filename-customtext, the filename reverts back to its in-camera filename

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

When exporting my photos I have the issue that if I choose to export with the filename-customtext option for re-naming, I don't get the correct filename. If I choose filename+ any other of the options, the filename displays correctly.

What I'm getting is the filename the camera gave the image eg. IMG_0955 instead of what I imported it as, which is the date+filename eg. 20200604-IMG_0955. But when I click on filename-sequence or just filename, I get the correct imported filename. It even shows this in the preview before I actually complete the export. It's so frustrating! Any idea why or how to fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its not difficult, can you post a shot of the Export options as you set them, and then a shot of the resulting thumbnail (from the Library view /Metadata Panel)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sorry, somehow I missed your post here. But as below, I've fixed the problem by creating a new preset. It's just bizarre that the other presets using 'filename' use the actual filename, but this one (filename-customtext) uses 'original filename'. 

🤷‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure, but i think you must do this:
in the export by filename choose edit and you have to take name of copy instead original name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to filename-customtext and chose 'edit', then I changed it from original filename to filename and set as a new preset. Job done! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're definitely not selecting Original Filename in the actual settings (versus used a named preset)? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the other 'filename' presets used the filename except the filename-customtext one, which used original filename for some reason. I've created a new preset with how I want it, though. Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines