• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I am flagging images, the reject photo X key is making the image disappear from the slide bar.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need help with the "reject" flagging using X. I have Lightroom classic CC, version 9.1. In the previous version, when I hit x for reject, the image was still in the bar below until I went back to it and asked to be deleted from the hard drive or remove from collection. Now, when I hit x the image is disappearing immediately. How do I go back to where it stays in the folder until I revisit it?I also don't know where the image is moved to. 

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Hi All, Thank you so much for your help. I reset the filter to default. It is now working fine. The rejected image staying on until I ask it to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you do not have a sort filter  on, as in do not show rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say above "in the bar below", I am reading that as seeing the image thumbnail in the filmstrip bar at the bottom of the LRC interface and that you are perfoming this opertion (marking rejected) in Grid View thanks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested your assertion in V 9.0 and v 9.1 and performed a Mark as Rejected action (using the X key): I find that it does not deleted the image from Grid View.

I think you could try resetting your Prefs file or follow Davids suggestion. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Davidg said, verify you don't have a display filter that hide image marked as "Rejected" (black flag).

You can verify this at the bottom of the Library window, just over the filmstrip :

Annotation 2019-12-14 164010.jpg

Note : I use this filter when I cull a shoot, so as soon as I press X, the image is removed from the display, nothing is really removed so I can revert back if I made a mistake. At the end of the cull, I do a "Photo">"Remove rejected photos" to really remove the rejected one. I found this very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All, Thank you so much for your help. I reset the filter to default. It is now working fine. The rejected image staying on until I ask it to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines