Highlighted

When I delete photos from Lightroom, they appear in the recycling folder but I can delete them

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem and I do not know if it is because of my external disk o because I have done something wrong. When I am working with Lightroom I have my external disk. The photos I delete from Lightroom definitely they obviously appear in the external disk. When I try to delete them from the recycling folder the computer immediately stops working and  turns off. If the exteral disk is not connected the reclycling folder is empty. When I open my lightroom, insert the external disk, the photos I previously deleted appear in the recycling folder again but if I try to delete them, the computer turns off. I have tried to move them to another folder but the computer turns off again. What can I do? 

THANKS A LOT, 

NEUS ALBERO 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I delete photos from Lightroom, they appear in the recycling folder but I can delete them

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem and I do not know if it is because of my external disk o because I have done something wrong. When I am working with Lightroom I have my external disk. The photos I delete from Lightroom definitely they obviously appear in the external disk. When I try to delete them from the recycling folder the computer immediately stops working and  turns off. If the exteral disk is not connected the reclycling folder is empty. When I open my lightroom, insert the external disk, the photos I previously deleted appear in the recycling folder again but if I try to delete them, the computer turns off. I have tried to move them to another folder but the computer turns off again. What can I do? 

THANKS A LOT, 

NEUS ALBERO 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have some type of Computer Hardware Problem. No computer turns off all by itself if there isn't a Hardware problem. Could be with that external disk or someplace else.

What happens if you delete files off the internal drive of your computer and then Empty the Recycle Bin?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help and your quick answer. It only happens with the external disk. Without it the reclycling folder works properly. When I put the external disk to work with LIGHTROOM, authomatically it appears full of pictures. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close LrC

Go and take a new photograph

DO NOT OPEN LrC

Using your file manager, copy that photograph to your external hard drive

Delete that photograph

Bring up the trash/recycle, try to delete that one photograph.

What happens?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, 

I have just done it. New picture, I move it in the destktop first, then I move it to the trash and I can perfectly delete it. I put my external disk (without opening LRclassic), the same picture is moved to the external disk, then is moved to the trash, and happens the following: 

- if I try to take it out, to the desktop, the computer turns off immediately. 

- if I delete it, the same, the computer turns off. 

It has never happened to me before. I have bought a new external disk to copy everything. Just in case. My current external disk works perfectly, I can open the folders ,work with Lightroom. It is true that it has run out of memory, it is of 2 TB, and amost full. The new one is 5TB. Now I'm also worried because it is the first time I'm gonna copy everything from one disk to another. Also because of the Llightroom catalog. I've been asking someone to help me with this, but people around me do not know how Lightroom works. 

Thanks a lot, 

Neus, Madrid, Spain 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

New picture, I move it in the destktop first, then I move it to the trash

End Quote:

That is not what was asked. You were asked to take a New image, Copy that image from the memory card to your External Drive (NOT to your desktop) then Delete it using your File Manager (Not LrC) then Empty the Recycle bin.

Ok in all respects your compuiter turns off.

You have a Hardware Problem. System is overheating, Bad RAM, Bad Motherboard, Bad Power Supply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0