• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I deselect Manage by printer when attempting to print from my Epson printer the profile page

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I deselect "Manage by printer" my profile for my Epson printer does not appear.  Nothing is showing in the profile box.  How do I add the paper I am using to obtain a better uality print?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using macOS or Windows? There are slightly different possible answers depending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 - thanks for trying to help out Conrad!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I asked...I know Mac-specific ways to address this, but someone more experienced in Windows should answer this one. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should   not select managed by printer. You should use an icc profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that but the screen is blank when I click on other?

Bob

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer are you using? Have you installed paper profiles specific for that printer? Is this an issue that just started happening? Or, are you indicating  that you have lost access to your paper profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epson ET 2720 - how do I install specific profiles for the printer?

Regards, Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that sucks! lol  thanks folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, OK...I know in my earlier reply I said I should withdraw myself from this thread because I only know Mac solutions to this, but on a hunch I decided to download the driver for this Epson ET-2720 printer just to look through what’s in the installer package (I did’t actually install it). What I found was that, unlike the installation package for my Epson 3880, the installation package for the ET-2720 (on the Mac at least) does not appear to contain any profiles to install, and there don’t seem to be any downloadable profiles on the Epson site for this printer.

We expect to see ICC profiles for all fine art/professional inkjet printers. But profiles are not typically installed for consumer/office printers like the ET-2720. My theory is that there are no ICC profiles to be installed for this general purpose printer, and therefore you should be using the Printer Manages Colors workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not recommend using the “inkowl” profiles to solve this problem. The first link says:

InkOwl Performance-D Sublimation Ink is designed specifically for use in Epson desktop printers. Use this ink in conjunction with our refillable cartridges to convert an ordinary Epson 4-color or 6-color printer into a dedicated sublimation printer very easily and affordably.

Those profiles are made for a specific kind of “sublimation” ink that they sell. But the only profiles you should ever use are those precisely matched to the inks in the printer. If you are using Epson OEM inks, you should use profiles based on Epson OEM inks. But the inks that are profiled in the link above are for the specialized purpose of converting an Epson EcoTank printer into a dye sublimation printer — a printer that can print on non-paper surfaces such as “coffee mugs, mousepads, license plates, cell phone cases, baseball caps, polyester sportswear” as it says on their home page.

If you download and use those profiles, it’s practically guaranteed that color will be absolutely wrong on any normal paper.

There shouldn’t be too much of a concern using the Printer Manages Color workflow on the ET-2720. It may not be perfect, but it should be pretty good — it is a workflow Epson has tested for general use with most applications, because Printer Manages Color is actually the only option for most applications. Only pro-level graphics applications can manage color themselves.

If you decide you want to use ICC profiles for Printer Manages Color, when you look on the web ensure the profile you find are made specifically for ET-2720 OEM inks and the paper you use, or use a printer profiling device to make your own.

But never, ever use profiles that are not precisely matched to the ink and paper combination you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to d/l the proper ICC profile for my printer and it is in my
downloads. How do I now apply the d/l? Not too computer savy, trying to
learn. LOL

Bob

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click the profile in the File explorer and choose Install profile.

Alternatively, copy the profile to this folder: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines