Highlighted

When is the update for LR and A9II raw support coming?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a general "within 2 weeks to a month". I don't want to use DNG conversion, so I'm waiting for raw support from LR and PS. Any idea on a ROUGH estimate when that update is coming?

Topics

Bug, Feature request, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When is the update for LR and A9II raw support coming?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a general "within 2 weeks to a month". I don't want to use DNG conversion, so I'm waiting for raw support from LR and PS. Any idea on a ROUGH estimate when that update is coming?

Topics

Bug, Feature request, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here either knows or can't tell but Lightroom 9.0 just came out and new releases are done on about a 2+/- month cycle.  You may be lucky becauce there are MAJOR issues with Lightoom 9.0 and Mac Catalina so Adobe may send out a release sooner.   They have done this in the past on new versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very few people know and those of us who do are prohibited from telling publicly by NDAs. All you can say is that there is a fairly constant stream of releases of about one every three months and there was just one a few weeks ago. The next point update is probably at least a month out therefore but Adobe might release an update sooner due to some high profile bugs that were only found right after release but again I have no idea just like most people on the forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, the timeframe between X.0 and X.1 releases is slightly shorter than the normal quarterly update pattern. Therefore, based on previous years I suspect we'll see 9.1 towards end of December or early January.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't normally use DNG conversion either, because DNG Converter needs to be updated too. DNG conversion is only useful for people who stick with old versions of Lightroom and still want to use it with raw files of a recent camera. Not for people who can't wait till the current version of Lightroom supports their brand new camera.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines